Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nursery Stuff!

Ok so I have been working like CRAZY this week on stuff for nursery! One of my church goals this year was to redo my nursery stuff and make nursery better. So I am getting on it!
The ribbon wands are just to play with and also for music time. The kids hold on to the little ring and they whip their ribbons to the beat, like imagine "Follow the Prophet," "whip, whip; whip, whip, whip!" Might be a little advance for them but they will love it all the same (I hope)!

The stars I painted, added little faces, and put them on sticks. My kids in there LOVE "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and so now I have plenty of stars for them to hold. I also want to tach them "I Am Like a Star" since another part of my goal was to get their music more church related.

The rice shakers are mini M&M containers with rice inside and the lid glued on. This is also for music time so that they can shake to the beat. They will totally think this is the bomb.

And THEN...Zac help me make spiders! They are giant pom-poms with pipe cleaner legs and googly eyes. Zac found these metal "loop" things for me that he poked inside and wrapped around the pom-pom so that the little "eye" part is sticking out. So OK that was confusing. It just looks like the spider has a metal loop sticking out of it's back. Then, we threaded the "loop" and made a little leash so they can walk the spiders, dangle them, whatever they want to do. I am sure we will sing "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" a few times with these!

And I made a "check-in" apple tree. This is a big (20x30) poster and I took pictures of the kids that were at church last week and put their face on apples. When they get to nursery, they will check in by finding their apple and sticking it on the tree.
This will be so awesome. I am going to try it out tomorrow. I made a poster of all of them last year and they LOVE to see themselves so I think that this will be an even bigger hit.
What do you guys think? Are your kids going to LOVE me or what??!! I SO love them :-)

7 comments:

  1. Robin, you are absolutely amazing! I don't think I have met anyone who has done such an amazing job in NURSERY! The kids will love it! I'm glad my mom gets to work in there with you.
    Thanks for being there last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for piping in on my blog!! How are you? Obviously, you are a wonderful Nursery leader. And you have the cutest kids on earth--well, they have the cutest parents on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that chloe went to nursery today! I am home with Ethan (he is sick). Chloe had the flu on Friday so we were not sure about sending her but she wanted to go so bad. I told her to make new friends but all she said was no, Livi! By the way I think if you check Home depot's web site I think that it says 5 and up. I don't know how hard it was everything was pre drilled but you could ask Adam he took Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way cute! You do such a wonderful job in nursery! Your amazing! I had so much fun the other night, we need to do it again. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ideas are so awesome, when our girls were in our old ward nursery they had their pictures on a flower petal (a construction paper one) and the year they graduated in to primary they gave them their picture flower. It was awesome! That might be an idea for you, didn't know if you'd like it but thought I would share it with you. I love your crafts though, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh! You are so good! I am so impressed. I think I'm going to copy of couple of those. You asked about that go-kart, it ROCKS! Tanner loves it! He can go awesome on it too, better than I thought he would do. My mom got it off the JCPenny website. It has a fast and slow switch and reverse, but he's not allowed to use the reverse-the first time he did he backed right up into the basketball pole. lol but its way aweseome....As for those bags! Whoa LOTS of work! Plus I'm not the best seamstress so some of the material didn't line up perfectly but they are stinkin cute huh! Maybe I should start taking orders from people! Problem is the material and stuff alone costs like 30 bucks! Plus all the time to sew (maybe 4-5 hours) FOREVER! I'd sell them for 100 bucks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow you are so totally magnifying your calling! Thanks for all you do in nursery...Ethtan is such a handful and you have been so patient and good with him. You are amazing. (BTW, I found you on Mary Beth's blog).

    ReplyDelete